This historic landmark is the oldest existing building in the Cayman Islands. Located on the southern coast of Grand Cayman Island, the manor is a reconstruction of an original 1780 house, and the home of plantation owner William Eden. In 1831, it served as a rendezvous point for the first elected parliament in the Cayman Islands. For that reason, it is known as the birthplace of democracy in Cayman. Steeped in history, a notable event took place four years later in 1835 when the Slavery Abolition Act was read from the stone archway of the building.